Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The reappearing nose bling

I don't know how it happens, but I lose my nose ring quite frequently. I have had it pierced four times over the last seven years (having to take it out for such high profile jobs as Media Play, etc have caused the numerous healings and subsequent repiercings) so you would think that I would be used to it by now. Yet somehow I frequently take it out at night or get it caught in clothes or towels and can not seem to relocate it immediately...

...but somehow it always turns back up.

I lost it once in a towel. I wiped my face off and there went the nose ring. I searched the bathroom and every inch of the towel for it and could not find it! I figured that was it, time to retire the face bling. About a week later, as I am folding my load of towels I hear a clink on the floor, and there it is. It made it through the washer, and drier, and back into my nose!

I was thinking about this today and how it reminds me of answers to prayer. Sometimes we search so hard and pray so long for something, and yet we feel like we don't ever get our answer from God. We expect an immediate answer, something right then and there. What we need to remember is that God is in control, and he WILL answer our prayer. It may not be in the time frame we wish for, or even the answer we wish for, but he will always answer...

... maybe we just need to fold a load of laundry or two before we realize that he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment