Saturday, April 17, 2010

Magnetism of the worst kind.

I have found over the years that I have this certain quality. Its pretty hard to put my finger on exactly what it is, or when I obtained it, or why I was chosen to have it. Yet it is fairly certain that have this quality, one that attracts crazy people. Its a certain magnetism, but the worst kind.

I should have know today was crazy people day when before I even started with my first client of the day, she was in the ladies room for literally 20 minutes. What she was doing in there only God knows, but we later discovered that she left behind a rather large ball of paper towels in the sink.

This client looked pretty sleepy after she got out of the bathroom, so sleepy that she couldn't keep her eyes open in my chair. Now, a lot of people get relaxed when you are doing their hair, and I am cool with that. This girl though was out right drooling on herself, yet denied the fact that she was tired. I said, jokingly, "you falling asleep on me there?" and she rudely said "No". Listen homie, you are snoring and drooling. Last I checked those were major symptoms of sleeping.

As her highlights were processing I decided to put her under the drier. I had to wake her up to shampoo her, and as I am she asks me what time it is. I respond and she has the audacity to say "I can't believe it is taking this long." Now one must note that it had only been an hour and she was almost done. Not to add that I spent 15 mins just trying to brush her tangled mane. (During which she got frustrated with me, grabbed the brush and did it herself. Only to still leave massive dread-like tangles). Now as I am blow drying her she starts to twitch. I have no idea what was going on, and I really hope my assumptions are incorrect.

Now, with my second crazy of the day, I have no answers at all. This lady too fell asleep in my chair, was rambling in-coherent things, and having a conversation with herself. When I asked her who she was talking to she said her husband, but he was a good 30 feet away. There was no way he could hear her. She also lost it while the color was on her head and then snorted water. Seriously, snorted water. (Someone later informed me that sometimes when people snort coke they later snort water to get a high off the residue left in their nostrils, so that could have been what she was doing). She also disappeared for 20 minutes with a conditioning treatment on her hair, and ran away from her husband with a $100 bill that he had given her to pay for her hair.

Here's my thought, God must be putting these people in my life for a reason... obviously. Now is it just that they know where I stand and I can be a positive example of a christian for them, or that no one else would tolerate their antics and do their hair? I can't really witness to someone who is incoherent and unable to hold a conversation, so what do I do?

Until I figure this out I will be on this quest, and knowing how God works it may be the rest of my life. Justin said the other day that I truly see people as people, and don't judge them for their outsides. I think its just that I view everyone as God's creation, and they deserve to be treated that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment