Monday, May 9, 2011

I mean, who else cries at EVERY episode of "Extreme Home Makeover"?

Yesterday I started reading Captivating by John and Staci Eldridge. Now, I am only a chapter and a half in, but it already as me thinking, and I wanted to share my heart with you.

As women, we often feel like there is something wrong with us. We are too fat, not cute enough, too emotional, not strong enough, etc. Did you ever sit and think that we are the way we are, because that's how God intended it?

I am a girlie girl to the core (with a bit of rocker chick dying to come out, lol). I love sparkles and twirly dresses. I love make up and hair and chocolate. I cry at sad movies, happy movies, sappy commercials, and television shows I am emotionally invested in.  I think its sexy when my husband does manly things, or "rescues" me, and for my entire life I though this made me weird, weak, and crazy. I mean, who else cries at EVERY episode of "Extreme Home Makeover"?

This book is making me see that who I am is exactly who God wanted me to be. I (and every woman out there) represent the softer, emotional, beautiful side of God. My heart is God's heart, and my emotions are God's emotions.

I also believe this is why I love my career so much. I love making women feel like women. I love doing their hair, waxing their brows and making them feel pretty again. When a woman feels beautiful there is a certain power she posses, a certain strength she carries that is breath taking. She may sit down in my chair feeling ugly and worth less and leave feeling beautiful and powerful. I can't even count how many times someone has said to me "I feel so much better" or "Thank you so much I feel great." If you read those carefully neither one has any sort of visual aspect. They don't look better, they feel better.

So, all of this out of a chapter and a half I am sure I will have lots more to share with you guys as I get deeper into the book. So if you'd like, pick up a copy and read it with me!  Leave your thoughts and ideas below! I love comments and discussions!

No comments:

Post a Comment