Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm not looking for labels, I'm looking for love

Thoughts have been floating through my head for months about this topic that I am about to lay on you right now. Its a deep one... so put on your big girl panties and lets get this started.

Labels.

Have you ever sat there and though about every label that could be used to describe you? Labels that were once used to describe you, ones that will always describe you, and ones that you will never obtain no matter how long or hard you try?

Wife, sister, OCD, daughter, hairstylist, failure, manager, pastors wife, christian, friend, sinner, teacher, lover, alcoholic, writer, middle-class, grand daughter, niece, cousin, 2nd cousin, unemployed, driver, consumer, young, blonde, infertile, etc. If you thought long and hard about it you could probably list at least 50 labels that have been used to describe you.

Do you wear these labels on your shirt like an expensive designer tag, or do you hide them away like a dingy under shirt?

No matter what label you may wear today, which one you wore two weeks ago, or the one that you will don sportingly in the days to follow reading this there are only two that matter in the eyes of God.

Forgiven.
Loved.

Psalm 139: 13-15 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day.

God knows you, the real you. Not the you that you show or hide from the world. The you that he created and knew even before you were formed. Your life has a purpose and meaning. You are not what others label you. You are NOT what you label yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment